The Kind Friend Journal, which is my new favorite weekly journal, recently sent out a list of writing prompts, and one of them was interesting: Write about 10 things you’d say yes to and 10 things you’d say no to. I accept that challenge, Kind Friend, and I raise you 10 maybes. Thanks to Megan Johnson for asking me lots of random questions.
Yes x 10
- Live in an agrarian commune.
- Pick up a hitchhiker.
- Learn to play the violin.
- Live on a seastead for one year.
- Own a Tesla.
- Try Adderall.
- Learn ballroom dancing.
- Learn to butcher and process animals.
- Go through the Bermuda triangle.
- Get arrested for something noble.
No x 10
- Vote for Trump or Biden.
- Marry someone rich but boring.
- Go skydiving or bungee jumping.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Have a pet snake.
- Listen to Jack Johnson on purpose.
- Be famous.
- Have an arranged marriage.
- Go without my iPhone for a year.
- Read fiction for the rest of my life.
Maybe x 10
- Get a tattoo.
- Go to counseling.
- Learn to fly a plane.
- Get LASIK eye surgery.
- Move to another country.
- Get a Snapchat or TikTok account.
- Foster to adopt.
- Get my nose pierced.
- Live on Mars.
- Eat bugs.